Hi all,
A quick placeholder post, this is. Already my own promises re: blogging regularly are feeling more empty than fulfilled, much to my chagrin. We got pretty much zero sleep on the plane, had a train trip from Berlin to Dresden that might be characterized - at least the first part of it - as wild and wooly; point is, jet, lag has, well, lagged for a longer period than I recall it doing in the past. This compounded with glitchy wifi here at Hotel Kipping in Dresden and permission to connect - when it works - for only two hours at a shot, has resulted in our just sort of hanging on to what little energy we have while accomplishing as much on our wish list as possible. I will write more and hopefully post pictures in a day or two.
For now, suffice it to say that we are here, in one piece (both of us, so I suppose that's technically two pieces), and gettiing into the groove of European travel. I have to remind myself that it always takes a day or two to find our stride. We're getting there.
We've really enjoyed Dresden and are Prague-bound in the morning. As I write, it's 1:15 am, and this probably isn't doing much to help us catch up to German time, so it's lights out for us.
Thoughts to which I will return in a few days (at which time they'll make more sense, really) -
*Hypervigilance, overpacking (or not) and the Plane Clothes Police
*Arriving in Morocco without a plan is risky business
*The Big Lebowski lives, though we regret to have not seen this firsthand
Hope the dog days of summer are treating you all well.
Casey and Kevin
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Casey I am so excited to see your blog! I love travel blogs and your trip sounds so exciting! I was born in Frankfurt, Germany and have always wanted to go back and visit - and some day I will - so I am looking forward to your Germany stories and pics in particular! May your jet lag be gone and may your trip be a safe and wonderful one! :) ~~ Heather
ReplyDelete