Bavarian Castle

Bavarian Castle
Neuschwanstein, King Ludwig's Bavarian Castle

Friday, August 10, 2012

Trial run - hoping I've conquered Blogger.2

Welcome!

Surveying the absolute chaos all around as we prepare to embark on Sunday for our next adventure, I'm much more drawn to setting up our second blog than to packing.  This has - predictably - not been as straightforward a task as I'd originally hoped, but it looks like I've finally outsmarted the somewhat obtuse iPad format and am now off and running.  Some of you may recall that I'd attempted a blog during our last journey to Switzerland and France in 2010, and I'd done reasonably well until about 5 days before the end.  Trip exhaustion and the desire to cram in every bit of fun we could before it was all over finally overrode my desire to document our days through photos and words (as much for ourselves, honestly, as for the fun of sharing it with our friends and family).

So here I am, cranking out this first post as a way of committing myself to this second blog.  I'm writing this post on the laptop, which has proved much less strenuous than navigating everything on the iPad, but armed with a keyboard case I'm hoping I'll be able to keep up. 

Here's an overview of where our travels will take us:

Dresden
Prague
Munich
Bavaria (Oberammergau, Garmisch, Mittenwald, Reutte, and wherever else our rental car takes us)
Neuschwanstein/Hohenschwangau castles
Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Berlin

We're expecting another great couple of weeks of new experiences and photo-ops like this one from our trip to the top of Europe (the Jungfraujoch) in Switzerland, August 2010:


Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Have so much fun!!!!! Have a good flight, a wonderful time, and pass on my greetings to Germany ;-) I will follow you via this blog. Thanks for sharing! Ute

    ReplyDelete